Chicago Construction News staff writer
The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) is hosting free virtual workshops in January, continuing the Building Blocks of Success series for Disadvantaged Business Enterprise firms interested in strengthening their skills and bidding on state projects.
New and existing DBEs, as well as firms interested in becoming certified in the program can register for.
- January workshop dates and topics:
- 10, 10 a.m. to noon: Basic Math for Estimating & Bidding Part 1
- 12, 10 a.m. to noon: Basic Math for Estimating & Bidding Part 2
- 17, 10 a.m. to noon: Basic Math for Estimating & Bidding Part 3
- 19, 10 a.m. to noon: Basic Plan Review
- 24, 10 a.m. to noon: Marketing and Networking
- 31, 10 a.m. to noon: IDOT EPAS System – SOIs
Future topics will include Excel estimating and bidding spreadsheet, bidding on the IDOT website, contracts, and steps needed to be certified as a DBE firm.
Building Blocks of Success will continue through April. Workshop information, including dates and times, is available through Eventbrite at bit.ly/DBEworkshops.
Advance registration is required.
Administered by IDOT, the DBE program provides minorities, women and other eligible small businesses opportunities to participate in highway, transit and airport contracts that are federally and state funded.
For more information on becoming a certified DBE and learning more about IDOT resources that are available, visit www.idot.illinois.gov/dbe.