The Structural Engineers Association of Illinois (SEAOI) has announced the finalist projects in the 2018 Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards. The annual design competition recognizes structural engineering excellence.
The projects selected are:
– S.K.Y. Restaurant; The Structural Group
– Paramount Theater Conversion, Forefront Structural Engineers
– CTF Tianjin, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
– Wolf Point East Tower, The Walsh Group
– The Yard at Shakespeare Theater, Thornton Tomasetti
– Manulife Place +15 Pedestrian Bridge, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
– Ryan/Walter Athletic Facility, Northwestern University, WSP
– Wiikiaami, Pierce Engineers
– Washington Wabash Elevated Train Station, EXP US Services
– Salesforce Tower, Magnusson Klemencic Associates
– Kellogg Global Hub, Northwestern University, Thornton Tomasetti
– Chicago’s Shakespeare Theater Movable Towers, Klein and Hoffman
– Short Baseline Neutrino (SBN) Near & Far Detector Buildings, Holabird & Root
– New Trier High School Addition, Wight & Company
– Wilson CTA Station, HNTB Corporation
– I-55 & Lake Shore Drive Interchange, AECOM
– 403 N Wabash, James McHugh Construction Co.
– St. Anthony Parkway Bridge, Parsons
The finalists selected by the SEAOI’s board of directors will present their projects at the dinner meeting on May 8. The winners in each category will be announced at the annual awards banquet on June 9.