MRG Construction Corp. is here to help customers realize their construction vision. We handle ground up construction, interior buildouts, and remodeling services, putting our customers first by providing quality, on-time construction that inspires clients and our team members to grow and succeed. Through our expertise, resources, and dedication we consistently challenge, innovate, and improve upon our methods and results through the delivery of quality service and attention to detail.
As an affiliate of Matanky Realty Group, MRG Construction Corp offers full-service construction with the Matanky experience.
Project Superintendent/Chicago area
We are looking for a person to join our team as a project superintendent, based in Chicago. The superintendent would be expected to manage on-site construction teams and coordinate scheduling with subcontractors, consultants, inspectors, and vendors to complete each project on time.
- Manage a team of workers, including work schedules, project progress and resource allocation
- Create cost estimates for labor, supplies, materials, and other project costs
- Collaborate with clients, Project Managers, other construction management to determine budget and timeline
- Coordinate materials and equipment delivery with vendors and suppliers
- Create schedules for workers and subcontractors
- Hire additional subcontractors and assign work accordingly
- Maintain a daily log for the job site’s operations, reporting to management as necessary
- Make changes in the operation as necessary to best meet construction deadlines
- Implement management techniques that are cost-effective and efficient
- Individual needs to be proficient in reading architectural drawings
- Ability to create construction schedules
- Project Management Software experience
- Knowledge of construction methods and safety regulations
- Ability to suggest solutions for deficiencies or problems
- Ability to write reports and professional correspondences
- Willing to travel daily and be on-site, in varying climate conditions, walk on uneven ground, and stand for several hours throughout the day
What Gets Us Really Excited About You
- Bringing to work every day, Inspirational leadership style and positive attitude
- Commercial construction experience
- Degree in Construction Management or similar
- Three plus years’ leading and supervising contractors, vendors, and on-site construction teams
- Experience with local government inspectors, etc.
- Ability to collaborate, listen and lead, with an eye for detail, execution and keeping to budgets within promised guidelines
- Understanding and experienced in critical thinking and communication- keeping all parties apprised of progress
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 – $115,000.00 per year
Schedule: 8 hour shift Monday to Friday with some weekend availability
Work Location: On the road
MRG Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you are interested in this opportunity, please respond by email to Esther Fox, Talent Consultant, at EFox@Matanky.com.