The Structural Engineers Association of Illinois (SEAOI) has announced the projects selected as finalists in the 2021 Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards. This design competition takes place each year to recognize excellence in structural engineering, the association says.
The projects selected are:
- 1040 W. Fulton, IMEG Corp
- 110 North Wacker Drive, Thornton Tomasetti, Inc.
- BMX Bowls Bridge, Endrestudio
- Chicago Union Station – Clinton Street Improvements, Klein & Hoffman
- Circa, Cary Kopczynski & Company
- Electrowinning Building, Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates
- Johns Hopkins University, Applied Physics Laboratory, Building 201, CannonDesign
- Lakefront Trail Pedestrian Bridge, HNTB Corp.
- Ravinia Music Box Experience Center, Wight & Company
- Robotic Construction – The Glass Vault, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM)
- Shenzhen Rural Commercial Bank Headquarters, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM)
- Sooner Plant Units 1 & 2 Conveyor 10 & 11, Wolf Point Engineers
- St. Regis Chicago, Magnusson Klemencic Associates
- Vassar Brothers Medical Center Inpatient Pavilion, GRAEF
“Despite the challenges of the past year, the quality, quantity, and ingenuity of the projects submitted are a testament to how resilient and vital our industry is,” said SEAOI president Soliman Khudeira. “The SEAOI board and staff are looking forward to hearing the finalists present during our most popular dinner meeting of the year in May, and we’re excited to celebrate the finalists and announce the category winners during our Annual Awards event in June.”