Chicago Construction News staff writer
The Structural Engineers Association of Illinois (SEAOI) has announced finalists in the 2023 Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards, an annual design competition recognizing excellence in structural engineering.
- Alcove – 900 Church, DeSimone Consulting Engineers
- Allegheny Health Network – Wexford Hospital, HKS Inc.
- Allegiant Stadium, Arup
- Beppe Restaurant, Three Pillars Structural Engineering Group
- Central Tri-State Tollway (1-294) Mile Long Bridge, Lochner/HDR/Quigg Engineering
- College of Lake County Student Center, IMEG Corp.
- Ko’ula, BASE
- Nashville International Airport Terminal Lobby and International Arrivals Facility Addition,
- Magnusson Klemencic Associates
- North Austin Community Center, Forefront Structural Engineers, Inc.
- Northwestern Medicine Galter-Feinberg Connector, SmithGroup
- O’Hare International Airport Elevate Parking Structure Repairs, Wiss, Janney, Elstner
- Associates, Inc.
- Seattle House, Cary Kopczynski & Company
- SOS Children’s Villages Roosevelt Square Community Center, TGRWA
- Francis Downtown, Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.
- The Ascent, Thornton Tomasetti
- The Salt Shed, Forefront Structural Engineers, Inc.
- Third Avenue Bridge, HNTB
- Trinity University Dicke Hall, Datum Engineers
- UIUC Campus Instructional Facility, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill
“We are honored, and exhilarated, to see the outstanding level of innovation and creativity showcased in the numerous projects submitted this year,” said Jan Blok, president of SEAOI. “It’s remarkable to see how each project uniquely incorporates innovative solutions to real-world challenges, demonstrating the ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness of the structural engineering community.
“We are truly looking forward to hearing the finalists present during our most popular dinner meeting of the year in May, and we’re excited to celebrate the finalists and announce the category winners in each category during our Awards Celebration in June.”
For more information visit www.SEAOI.org.